the way i see it: an email novella

the way i see it: an email novella - V.J. Chambers A fun novella composed of a collection of emails that records a girl’s unfortunate relationship faintly mirroring the Iliad in a high school drama complete with betrayal and tragedy.

The Way I See It: An Email Novella is a fun and engaging story told in an interesting layout. The story take place in early 2003 when social media and texting were not yet commonplace. A time when you had to directly email your friends, use chat rooms, post on forums, call on the phone or be in their physical presence to communicate *shudders*. It was amusing to read all the outdated internet slang, email host names, and common phrases. I loved that each character had a very distinct voice in their modified dialogue even down to the way they wrote their emails. A majority of the action takes place off screen but the character narratives manage to support the plot and instill an amplified amount of emotion. The Way I See It: An Email Novella is a fun and engaging story told through a remarkable format.